Sunday, March 29, 2009

The "Lizzard" of 2009

Tuesday

Tonight it was a little chilly when I got home from work. Dallin did not want to got to practice. We got him bundled up and he finally made it OK. It was more fun to help out this time. I'm starting to feel like I'm actually doing something. Dallin is doing well, though he isn't nearly as aggressive as some of the other kids. I see a lot of myself in Dallin.

Wednesday

Today Jana went down to Costco after dropping Dallin off for school. She was running a little because she had to wait for some pictures to be developed. Sam complained of an upset stomach, but Jana didn't think much about it. She raced back to school to drop Sam off but when she got him in to his classroom, they had already left to get class pictures taken. Jana ran back to the car (which was in sight) to get the Nathan and Kaylie out so they could find his class. When they arrived they had already taken the pictures. Jana felt terrible that they had missed the class photo. The teachers checked and the photographers agreed to take the class picture again. Jana went home feeling slightly better.

Right as she walked in the door, the phone was ringing. The school called and Sam was sick. They had set the class up for the picture and right before they took it, he threw up on himself. Jana got the kids back in the car and picked up Sam. He threw up once more on the way home in an improvised bucket the nurse had made, and then he felt better.

Dallin had his music program tonight. I stayed home with Sam and the other kids while Jana went to the concert. Dallin has been singing Sound of Music songs the last few weeks and even went as far as to say "Mom, I want a Sound of Music birthday party next year."

Thursday

It snowed all day. I came home from work early so I wouldn't get stuck. Kaylie came down after her nap and said to me, "Mommy said there's a lizzard outside." Then she looked and said, "I don't see a lizzard!"

Saturday

I took the kids sledding for a couple of hours on the hill behind Altona Middle School. The hill was really muddy in spots, but we found a pretty good few runs and spent our time there when one other family. I didn't have to carry Sam bit and was proud of him. I had to carry Kaylie around the whole day and it was nice not to have to carry them both.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Poor you guys dealing with sick kiddos, that is the worst! Sounds like Sammy and Kaylie had fun birthdays. Hope everyone is feeling better!