Sunday, August 24, 2008

First Week of School

Sunday

We came home and had lunch and then I tried to rest for a few minutes while the boys watched a Sunday movie. Then I played "family" with them downstairs. Dallin pretended to be the dad, which meant he made breakfast for us and got to tell us what to do. Sam pretended to be the baby, which meant he crawled around on the floor. He got pretend sick and we had to take him home. Kaylie and Jana came down when they woke up.

Monday

Today was the first day of school. Dallin was up and dressed by 7:00 and was really excited. We had muffins for breakfast and then Jana walked him to school with the rest of the kids. Sam did Owls Eyes at home with Jana and they played Memory.

Tuesday

Last night, at about 12:00 our fire alarm went off for some reason. I jumped out of bed and then just stood there trying to figure out what was going on. It went off after about 10 seconds and by then I had figured out it wasn't my alarm clock, it wasn't the burglar alarm, it wasn't my iPod, it must be the fire alarm. I checked on all of the kids, they were fine, I checked the upstairs and main floor, they were fine. I searched the basement for anything, nothing. I went back to bed but had a hard time falling back to sleep. I couldn't figure out why the alarm went off, and it bothered me.

Today, Jana walked Dallin to his class, and on the way back, Sam grabbed the stroller away from her. She told him to stop, but he ran faster and accidently went over a curb spilling Kaylie on to the ground and he and the stroller landed on top. She had a bloody lip and a bloody nose and was very upset. Sam felt really sad about what he had done, but decided to throw a fit and refused to come home with Jana.

Later, Kaylie went to the Hickens' to play while Sam and Jana went to preschool orientation. Sam spelled his name with stamps and they learned about the routine.

Dallin has started taking showers at night on his own. He does a pretty good job at getting in and out. He sets the timer to 5 minutes and tries to beat it. His favorite part is using the squeegee to clean the glass door.

Wednesday

Sam woke up very happy this morning. He got a good night's rest. Today was his first day of Preschool. At lunch time, when Jana took him, he thought that she would be staying with him again today. He was a little nervous but went into his class. As Jana and Kaylie were walking away, Jana heard someone knocking on the classroom window. Sam was standing there smiling and waving at them. Jana blew a kiss to him and he returned it.

Jana went to the eye doctor with Kaylie. When she had the instrument in front of her face, Kaylie said, "Mom, you look silly Mommy." She sat very well and ate her "lello (yellow) lollypop" and played with her shoes.

When Jana picked up Sam from school, she asked him what he did at his first day of Preschool. He just replied that he was tired. They waited for Dallin and played for a little while on the big toys before coming home.

Kaylie has been pretty cute lately. She likes to hide things different places. Tonight, Jana found a bunch of LEGOs in the pantry and the other day I found all of the measuring spoons stuffed inside of an oven mitt.

Thursday

Sam called me at work today. He read some words in the Owls Eyes. He told me he read, "am at and ash." He was really excited and I'm very pleased too.

Today when I got home, Sam was so excited to show me the box that came for me. My mom sent a large collection of book binding material she got from Sister Lukens who is moving. I'm excited to get back into it. She also sent wallets for the boys and a purse for Kaylie with McDonalds and Target gift certificates. There was also a little tiny monster truck in the box for the boys and Sam was thrilled when he found it.

Before I put Kaylie to bed, she was so excited to show me her books. When I got to her room, I found that she and arranged all of the Sesame Street alphabet books in two long rows. She put her tow index fingers in the air and said "Daa-ta-da!" She was obviously very proud.

Friday

This morning Sam asked me to go down into the basement with him. He was looking something. He said he wanted the blue monster truck. We found it at last and he got to play Daddy and Son with the blue monster truck and the one my Mom sent yesterday.

Saturday

This morning I made a breakfast of crepes and sausage. Jana made pudding and it was a really nice breakfast. Afterward, it was chore time. The boys cleaned up their rooms and Dallin took out the trash. The both wanted to do chores for money, so Jana thought up some more chores for each of them. It was tricky coming up with something for Sam. It has to be pretty simple, but something with visible impact. He picked up the sheets that the boys and dumped into our room and put them in the basket for Mommy.

I took the boys with me to the store while Jana and Kaylie rested. The boys were pretty good, except for when Dallin started hiding from me at the store and Sam got in a huff and refused to look where he was going. Otherwise, we had a great time. They were really cute. I had two older women stop to talk to me about how cute they were.

When we got home, we had a quick snack and then headed to the Stake Carnival. It rained on us pretty hard for a few minutes. Dallin wandered away from us into a crowd of several hundred people, oblivious to why that would make us worried. In the end we had about as many tears and laughs, but they had a good time.

No comments: