Sunday, August 31, 2008

"To Buys Us WHAT!"

Sunday

I got up early to do some last minute work on the agendas. When I left for church, only Sam and Jana were awake. Jana was looking at baby names. She asked Sam, "How about Tobias?" Sammy replied, "To buys us what?" "No, that would be the baby's name, Tobias." Sam said again, "To buy us WHAT?"

I was sitting in the pew, waiting for the Jana and the kids to arrive. Sister Moreland and Sister Park were sitting behind me. At first, I saw Sam run in and give me a huge hug. I heard Sister Moreland say to Sister Park, "Here they come!" Then Kaylie came in and shouted "Daddy!" and ran to give me a hug. I love it!

I've been trying to teach the boys how to use the toilet without dropping their drawers to their ankles. Sam was doing a pretty good job today, but missed the toilet and peed all over his church pants. He was pretty upset and kept apologizing to me. There really wasn't a lot we could do, so Jana took him home.

Tuesday

After dinner, Jana went to the PTO meeting. Since Mommy was gone, we had a little roughhouse time tonight. Dallin didn't want me to tickle him at all, so I did my best not to. What am I supposed to do when I catch him, if I can't tickle him. He said, "You can punch or kick instead of tickle." But I told him that Dads that do that go to jail. Dallin is getting pretty hard to catch when I'm on my hands and knees.

No comments: