Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ok, Now Jana's on Bed Rest

Jana went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago. They measure all sorts of her anatomy, and yes I know what they all are, but I'll spare you the details. The result is that she's been put on bed rest. I've taken some time off of work to take care of her and the kids. I love it, but I'm exhausted at the end of the day and I've been slacking some of my journal writing. I got back in to it today and wrote down some cute things the kids did this week.

22 September, Monday

I took Sam and Kaylie to Costco and they were incredibly cute. Sam is SO sweet to her and they just chatter back and forth. We stayed for lunch and both of them worked on a piece of pepperoni pizza and some soda. It was fun not to be in a hurry for lunch and since neither of them ate any of the oatmeal I made for breakfast, they were starving and ate very well.

26 September, Friday

While Kaylie napped, I took Sam to the store to buy a gift for his friend's birthday party tomorrow. Dallin's been working on inventing gifts from construction paper all week. He's made a paper car, a little lasso out of yarn, and two paper snow shoes.

Dallin wanted to go camping tonight, so Jana told him he could build a tent in his bed. He hung a sheet from the slats on the top bunk and a blanket over the side to enclose a small area for him and Sam to lay in. Dallin read stories to Sam, while Sam played with his flashlight. They are great brothers and it makes me so happy to see them playing nicely together.

Jana and I watched the presidential debate between John McCain and Barack Obama tonight. When I was putting the boys to bed, Dallin asked who I'd be voting for. He wanted to vote for both of the candidates. I talked to him a little about the war. Dallin's eyes got big and said, "We're in a war!" He was concerned that someone was going to come to our house or that I would have to leave to go fight somewhere else. I told him that I wouldn't be fighting, but that uncle Jeremy would be fighting in a year or so. He was very concerned and both he and Sam asked me if I would die. I said that yes but not for a long time. Sammy started crying that he didn't want me to die. It nearly broke my heart. It was particularly touching after struggling to get them in bed and having them ignore me for about an hour. I guess they do want me to stick around.

28 September, Sunday

Dallin had a talk in primary that was extremely cute. Here is the text he helped Jana to write:

"Once my family had a lesson in Family Home Evening about prayer. We learned that we could ask if the prophets were true. I wanted to do this. So, I prayed. At first, I didn't feel anything so I prayed again. Then I had a warm and toasty YES feeling in my heart. I knew that Heavenly Father sent the Holy Ghost to tell me that the prophets are true.

In the Friend Magazine there is a story about Misti. Misti was 8 years old and deciding if she should be baptized. She thought that if she went to General Conference Heavenly Father would tell her what to do. During the conference President Monson was prompted to talk to a little girl he could see in the Tabernacle. The little girl was Misti. Misti decided that she should be baptized because of what President Monson said during his talk. The answer to her prayer came from Heavenly Father, through someone else, President Monson.

I know that answers to my prayers come from Heavenly Father through the Holy Ghost, the scriptures, and others.

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

2 comments:

Elke said...

It seems like she lasted longer this time. How many weeks left?

You have such cute stories. Thanks for blogging.

Preston Jackson said...

Hi Elke,

Yep, Jana made it a lot longer this time. Only two weeks of bed rest for this little guy. In case you haven't heard, Nathan Robert Jackson was born on Saturday night. There are some pictures up at our blog.

Thanks for reading! It is great to hear your stories too. It makes me feel like we don't live so far away.