Sunday, February 1, 2009

Good Brothers

Jana took some great pictures of Nathan on his 3-month birthday.

25 January 2009, Sunday

Dallin had gave a nice talk in Primary about The Proclamation on the Family. He is doing a great job reading.

We had a video-chat with Bob and Tanya on the computer for the first time tonight.

26 January 2009, Monday

This morning, Kaylie came into the bathroom while I was getting ready and said, "Daddy, I have a big heart for you!" I love that little girl.

Jana and I did bills tonight. I finally moved from a paper system to a spreadsheet. One would think that someone like me, who works at Google, would have the whole thing automated, but there's something satisfying about writing down where everything goes. The thing that made me change is the miscalculations that inevitably come up and the hours spent searching for addition errors.

27 January 2009, Tuesday

I came home early so that Jana could attend the parent-teacher conference with Dallin's teacher. She said he is doing really well and is already reading at a 2nd grade level. He doesn't get in trouble (contrary to what he tells us) and is making friends with a girl named Daphne. His teacher told Jana that Daphne is shy and Dallin will ask the teacher questions for her. He a great kid and so smart. He's also been in a really good mood this week. I wonder if having a friend at school is helping out.

28 January 2009, Wednesday

I'm always impressed with Sammy and what he does when he gets a treat. He has to make sure everyone gets some of his treat. He doesn't try to hoard it or prevent other people from getting it. In fact, if one of his siblings complains that they didn't get enough of his treat, he will give them more. Especially Dallin. Sammy adores Dallin. His behavior makes me want to give him more treats. In fact, if I had to only give one kid treats, it would be Sam because I know he would share with Dallin and Kaylie. I think that Heavenly Father wants us to be like that. He want us not to hoard the gifts we've been given.

29 January 2009, Thursday

This boys got up on their own this morning. They wanted more time to play. I didn't have to wake them up or nag them to get out of the shower. Dallin even got out of the shower to get Sam's towel for him. He's really showing a lot of kindness lately.

Kaylie put her binky in her purse today. She thought it was so clever. She showed it to Sammy's preschool teachers Ms. Sarah and Ms. Pam. When I got home from work she showed me her purse too and then pulled out her binky and started laughing. I had to laugh too.

30 January 2009, Friday

Tonight Jana make a little pizza crust for each kid and let them put their own toppings on them. The kids had a good time and didn't complain a bit about not liking their pizza.

31 January 2009, Saturday

At lunch Dallin and Sam split the last piece of pizza from last night. Dallin inhaled his and then asked for Sam's. I asked Sam if he wanted his pizza, and he looked so worried and pinched his lips in thought. He kept looking between the pizza and Dallin. Dallin said, "He doesn't want to take the pizza because he knows I want it." I told Sam that Dallin already has his and that Dallin wouldn't be sad if Sam got to have his own piece. Sam asked, "Is that true Dallin?" and Dallin said he wouldn't be sad. Sammy said, "Then I want it!" He is such a thoughtful kid.

2 comments:

Nettina said...

yay new stories and pictures! thanks for updating :)

Robin said...

Those Nathan pictures look pro!