Sunday, February 22, 2009

Looking for Snakes

Monday

I didn't have work today. It was Presidents Day. This morning, I washed the car, inside and out. It was filthy and it feels great to have it clean again. The boys stayed outside with me for a little while and Dallin even washed his bike, but eventually they got bored and went inside to play. Kaylie stayed outside the whole morning. She played in the car and sprayed the wheels while I wasn't using the hose.

When I was done with the car, Jana took Dallin on a little date to run errands and get lunch at McDonalds. She stopped at the party store to get Superman decorations for Sam's birthday party. Sam wants a new blue Bionicle so badly. He gets so worried that they will run out of them at the store. He wants his birthday to be tomorrow.

Tonight, in an effort to apply the family home evening message from last night about personal prayer, I knelt down with Sam to help him say his prayers. He didn't know what to say, so I helped him with the words. When he was done, he looked up and said, "Where's the light? Where are the angels?" He was expecting a visitation like Joseph Smith.

Saturday

The boys and I went on a bike ride and explore. We rode to the creek behind the school and looked for snakes. We didn't find any, but we sure found a lot of prairie dogs and rabbits. We rode our bike down the dirt path past Sliver Creek High School and on to Altona. Sammy started having pretty bad stomach aches. He was getting tired and stopped every 20 feet to take a rest. Our ride took about an hour an a half. About 45 minutes longer than I was planning.

No comments: