Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Poke in the Eye and a Bloody Nose

Saturday, May 1st

I took all of the kids with me to Kaylie's dance class. While I was helping Kaylie get a drink, she reached up to brush the hair out of her eyes and poked me in the eye. It was amazingly painful. It just got worse and worse. When I got home, I thought it would get better but the pain was unbearable. I called the some friends and dropped the kids off a their house. The husband drove me to urgent care where they gave me a drop that stopped the pain right away. Then they checked the eye and found an abrasion on the cornea. The doctor said, "Oooh, nasty, nasty." when he saw the abrasion with the ultraviolet light. He gave me a patch and a prescription for vicoden. And sent me home with an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow.

Sunday, May 2nd

My eye is feeling a lot better today. It feels like there is sand in my eye, instead of a rock.

Tuesday, May 4th

Eye is completely healed today. Tonight, I played with Kaylie and Nathan in the basement while Jana finished dinner. We played pirates and also threw bean-bags to each other. I noticed Nathan using a toy gun and making shooting noises. He picks up on stuff pretty quickly. His favorite thing to do right now when you pick him up is to touch all of the parts of your face and name them. He does ear ("eeoh"), nose, eye, teeth ("teet"), and hair ("heyoh"). Very cute.

Wednesday May 5th

Sam and Dallin had a concert tonight. Sam's class came out first and they sang some traditional American songs. They were heartwarming. I haven't heard some of them for a long time. Sam got a bloody nose in the middle of the concert. Jana went to meet him in the hall and they took care of it in time for him to be ready for the next song. Dallin's class came out next. They sang some traditional Native American songs. Quite a contrast. I have to admit I enjoyed the melodies and structured forms of the American songs. The Native American songs had some interesting rhythms. Dallin had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the concert. Funny that our both of our kids had to leave in the middle of their performances.

Friday, May 7th

I met Jana and the kids over at a music store in Boulder for Dallin's end-of-the-year recital. He did a great job and nearly had his pieces memorized. He made me proud. Nathan was not enjoying sitting still and quietly. We walked around the store and he played with some tubes from Mommy's purse. That worked out well until I found that both of us had lotion all over our hands. We finally had to take a walk outside.

Saturday, May 8th

Jana had decided that what she wanted for mothers' day was a clean house. I cleaned up the yard a bit and then while Jana took Sam and Kaylie to the soccer game, Dallin and I worked on cleaning the house. We started by cleaning the bathrooms, and then while Dallin cleaned up his room (found out later that all the clutter ended up behind his bed) I cleaned the kitchen and then vacuumed and swept the main floor. Jana got home and I finished up the second story. She's convinced that I love her, and I do!

Sunday, May 10th

Dallin didn't have time to use his new club penguin activation code that he bought today. He really started freaking out and sobbing and crying and accusing Jana of all sorts of untrue things. I tried to stay out of it and focused on getting Nathan and Kaylie bathed and ready for bed. I finally ventured down stairs and tried to coax Dallin up to bed to get some rest. That's when he began accusing me of being completely insensitive to his tragic plight of not getting computer time. After a little break, and a change of clothes, Dallin felt well enough to read to me and do his spelling pretest. He was happy before going to sleep, but still a little on edge.

No comments: