Sunday, May 23, 2010

We Found the Glasses!

13 May 2010, Thursday

The fields were wet this afternoon, so Sam's practice was canceled. It was nice to have another day free from activities. In the evening, while Jana was reading with Dallin, I played catch with Sam outside. He loved the attention. Jana came out for a few minutes to demonstrate throwing. We got the neighbors watching us from their kitchen table. Sam couldn't concentrate so I turned him around to have his back to the neighbors.

After the kids were in bed, Jana and I bought tickets for our trip to Disneyland in June and our trip to England to visit Miles and Kris in August. We were pretty lucky to get non-stop flights both ways.

14 May 2010, Friday

Tonight we took the whole family over to the church to clean the chapel and the kitchen. It was good to take the kids, because all but Nathan were able to help out a little bit. It also only took us about an hour an a half, instead of the typical three to four hours.

15 May 2010, Saturday

Dallin came in and showed me his tooth this morning. He's been working on it for quite a while and it finally came out. He's still nervous whenever I asked to feel it. He thinks I'm going to yank on it. I've really damaged his psyche.

We got a babysitter for Nathan and then went to Kaylie's dance recital. It was adorable. Kaylie performed two pieces, a ballet called "Tiger in a Tutu" and a tap called "Bunny Rabbit Blues." She obviously really enjoy dancing and she did very well following her teacher. She got distracted by her classmates only a couple of times.

Jana bought some flowers with Sam for Kaylie and Sam got to give them to her. She still thinks the flowers were from Sam and she had been loving him all day for it.

Tonight, I put together a couple of desks for the boys room. They are so excited to have some space of their own. I let the kids help with the first desk, but I did the second on my own since I was tired and my patience was running out. I got them put together before bed time and then cleaned up the mess.

16 May 2010, Sunday

Sacrament meeting was a little hard. Jana was up on the stand, while I tried to take care of four kids in the pew. I know that's probably nothing to many moms at church, but it was challenging for me. Nathan did finally need to go out and I took Kaylie with me. They boys were being really good, so I left them in the chapel alone. I was able to hear Jana's talk, which was really good from the foyer. She had a few notes written down but the whole thing sounded smooth and well thought out. She even held it together emotionally all the way through.

17 May 2010, Monday

After the babies were in bed, I played baseball outside with Sam and did his homework with him while Jana helped Dallin with his homework. Sam enjoys playing catch.

The whole family took some time tonight to look for Sam's glasses. They are no where to be found.

18 May 2010, Tuesday

Nathan is jabbering a lot lately. He is very cute. Only rarely do I actually understand anything he is saying, but he is so serious about it, I'm almost positive that he really thinks he is talking.

We still haven't found Sam's glasses.

21 May 2010, Friday

Jana took Sam to the optometrist for a checkup and to buy new glasses. We still haven't found his glasses and it has been a long time. Fortunately, we have good eye insurance and most of the glasses were covered.

22 May 2010, Saturday

Jana took all of the kids to Kaylie's dance class. Jana said that they did a lot of work at the bar and that Ms. Julie was correcting the girls and came to Kaylie, looked at Jana through the window and smiled because Kaylie was in good form, and then moved on to the next girl.

23 May 2010, Saturday

We had the missionaries over for dinner tonight. Jana and I made it together while the kids played. They are playing so nicely together lately, especially Sam and Kaylie. I'll find them in Kaylie's room playing make believe and being so nice to each other.

Nathan really loves books right now. He loves picture books and does well pointing at the pictures when you say the name. He jabbers a lot and is constantly making some conversation-like noise.

Jana found Sam's glasses today at church. Glad we bought a new pair on Friday. Jana put her Primary binder on the Lost and Found table to get a paper for someone and saw his glass just sitting there innocently. I wonder how long they have been there.

No comments: