Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Terrific Twos

12 October 2010, Tuesday

Dallin's been elected to the student council. What a man! He had his first meeting this morning. They discussed what kind of silly day they should do next. They decided on a "Twin Day."

Today Kaylie said something bad. Sam chastised her, "You can't say that if you want to go to the sun." Jana asked, "What?" And he said, "You know, the kingdom." I guess he was paying attention in Family Home Evening.

13 October 2010, Wednesday

Kaylie was up late coughing late last night. I got up to give her fever reducer and cough medicine at about 11:30 and then sat with her for an hour in the bathroom with the shower making steam. She got tired of it and so I told her long versions of Jack and the Beanstalk and Little Red Riding Hood. Either that did the trick, or I passed out, because I didn't wake up again until I was late for work.

17 October 2010, Sunday

When we got to Church, Sam was really pokey getting out of the car. I left him behind to reserve us a seat on a padded pew. Kaylie occupied the seat for me and set about drawing. I went back to the car, looking for Sam. I couldn't find him anywhere. He wasn't in the parking lot, he wasn't in the bathroom. I finally walked passed the primary room and glanced in the window only to see him setting up chairs by himself. He went in, without being prompted, to help set up for primary. What a kid!

When we got home, Nathan was asleep. Dallin had played with him until after lunch, even changing his clothes after the snack I made him got all over everything. He's got the makings of a awesome babysitter. Just three more years.

Nathan loves his puppy from Grandma and Grandpa Jackson. He kisses it and carries it around with him before bed time, and sleeps with it. Tonight he was pretending to be a horse, giving one of Kaylie's dolls a ride on his back. He's very good a pretending. He's starting to sing songs with me before I put him to bed. I love this age!

1 comment:

Nettina said...

Yay for updates!! :) Thanks for the stories! I was inspired and updated too